X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• T18SZ first flight

Hi,

Yesterday, I did the first flight with the new transmitter.
    After a whole day of programming my Simprop Solution XL, she was ready to go.
    First 20 mins where ok, but then I made a looping. Then it went wrong, as I lost
    elevator control and the glider went vertically into the ground, Total loss.

Once arrived at home, investigation was started. Battery voltage was checked, 7,04V. (5s enelope)
    Battery discharged, still 2200mAh in it. Servo's, tested with a servo checker, OK
    Receiver, R6014HS, was externally not damaged, only one antenna's was broken off, due
    to the chrash. Green light was blinking.

Upto now, nothing concrete was found, making me believe something is wrong with the
    New transmitter. Range test OK. Does somebody know what to do, or what to blame?
    This chrash was a 1200€ one, so i'd rather try to avoid similar ones in the future....

Kind Regards,

Eric

Eric

...hard to say, but: (1) I guess the transmitter was "on" while you lost elevator control? (2) try to check the Eneloop battery under continuous load conditions and measure the current. (3) was the green light also blinking while your transmitter was on?

Regards, Stefan

Kommentar

Hello Stefan,

Of course the transmitter was switched on�� when it happened.
      I tested the envelop battery pack today, and found it okay (measured with a receiver steering 4servo's at the same time).
      Before the flight, the green light was steady on. Presumeer the blinking indicates the broken antenna???
      The stranges thing is that I was already flying for 20mins when it happend...

Regards,
      Eric

Kommentar

OK,

Today, i setup my Arcus Talent for the 18SZ.
        This was the second try for this transmitter, and the first one terminated in the crash of my Solution XL Project two, described in the beginning
        of this topic. Now today, during the second flight, i had a similar situation as on the Solution, a kind of lockout i could described it.
        As the arcus talent is a slow glider, compared to the Solution, i switched off the transmitter for a few seconds and back on. This saved the modell,
        as i recovered from the lockout.

After having flown Robbe/Futabe for 30years (a Robbe Terra Top, FC28, then 14MZ) i must say i became afraid to fly this 18SZ.
        Bearing in mind that i fly mainly full GFK gliders, I don't want to experience such again. Anybody with the same experience on the 18SZ?

Kind Regards,

Eric

Kommentar

what I read between the lines (mea culpa, if I'm wrong):
          - you didn't tested the system on the workbench for a longer time?
          - you didn't sent back the TX to the service department before the second flight?
          - did you use the same components from the previous crashed Simprop?
          - you don't specify the used setup (RX, servos, cabling, batt, etc.)

So, not more than speculation is possible: assuming that you still use 5s Eneloops and hence, high-voltage Serovos: try a LIPO Pack instead

Kommentar

Hello,

I did tested the transmitter about 5hrs, during the programming of several models on the building. Thing is that the transmitter was never farther then 2 meters from the transmitter.

Note that the second modell used none of the components, used in the chrashed Simprop. Receiver used was a 7008sb. Before, this Arcus Talent was flown for about......100flts on my previous transmitter, a 14MZ.

I used this modell just to exclude any other factor. Also the Solution was flown a lot of flights on the 14mz before the chrash happend. This is why I was quite sure that it has something to see with the new 18SZ, not with the airplanes or its components. Two flights on the 18MZ, one firm, and one near chrash. This is no coincidence!!!
            Zuletzt geändert von Speedrick; 30.05.2016, 00:40.

Kommentar

ok, so far 2 options: (1) replace battery pack and (2) send transmitter back to service. Good luck!

Kommentar

Hi Eric,

I don´t know the anything about the quality of T 18 SZ, but actually I own three T12FG because I don´t wanted to test a new radio.

I´m sorry about the crash with your Solution, but I never would fly a glider bigger than 1,5 m with Eneloops. They are really dangerous, especially older (6 month+) accus. Please use LiFe or something like that.

Best regards and good luck

Joachim

Kommentar

True! Eneloops are NOT high-current or pulse-agnostic cells. Hence, this requires cells with low DC-Ri why I said: go for Lipos

Kommentar

Just a point to think about: If you do a looping, this is nothing special for the transmitter or receiver. But usually the speed is higher and the control movement bigger, so the servos need more power. I would measure the accu under load. If you do a simple test, hold some rudders so that the servos need some force to move.

Kind Regards,
                    Reto

Kommentar

Thanks everybody for these feedbacks, but know that the Solution did fly approx 40 flight on
                      my previous transmitter, which was a MZ14... The occurence last week, was on a glider with
                      all different hardware. This makes me believe that the eneloops are not to blame, but the transmitter does.

Greetz,
                      Eric

Kommentar

Ok,

Today, I went to my modellshop, and got a new transmitter.
                        This was a really good service at Aerobertics.be !!!!!!

During the upcomming week, i'll try the transmitter on an Easystar, just to be sure.

Kommentar

Hello Speedrick,
                          does the new transmitter T18SZ work perfect?
                          Regards Ralf

Kommentar

Hello,

Indeed, the new transmitter works fine now.
                            After having flow approx 50flights on him now, I can say that this is the best transmitter
                            I had in 35 years.

Kind regards,

Eric

Kommentar

Hello Eric,
                              thank you for your fast feedback.
                              Do you know what the problem with your first 18 SZ was?
                              Is there something changed by your new transmitter?
                              Regards Ralf

Kommentar

Lädt...
                              X