X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Virus on the 14MZ? (12MZ/FX40)

Hello,

My German isn't very well, so I hope you'll forgive me for starting this topic in English.
    Since a couple of months I'm a proud owner of the 14MZ, just like the most of you (or the 12MZ/FX40). Often, I take the CF-card out of the transmitter, connect it to my PC, and put some files like sounds, music and pictures on it. Once in a while, my virus-scanner on the PC finds one or more virusses on my PC, usually it isn't a big issue, the scanner deletes them and everything is ok again. But what if a virus is on the CF-card of the transmitter? Can it do harm to the transmitter and it's software, or not?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings Alexander (Netherlands)

I think it could be possible that you can get a virus on your T14, becaue it´s a windows OS and nearly the same like on PDA´s.
    But I haven´t any problems.
    So you could write a mail to the Robbe or Futaba sercice.
    But you sould think, there are two OS, the final one is only for the transmission and it isn´t Windows, it´s a new one from Futaba.
    So I think there aren´t any critical situations.

And maybe, you can download in a few mounth a antivirus software for the T14

A last question, what kind of antivirus software do you have?

Kommentar

Zitat von Raketenwurm
      A last question, what kind of antivirus software do you have?
      I'm using Antivir, a German product

www.free-av.de

Greetings Alexander.

Kommentar

I understand German, but can't write it myself, but feel free to answer in German

Greetings.

Kommentar

Zitat von Raketenwurm
          I think it could be possible that you can get a virus on your T14, becaue it´s a windows OS and nearly the same like on PDA´s.
          Nun das ist nicht ganz korrekt...
          Erstens ists ein Embedded Windows OS, was schon mal ein gewaltiger Unterschied ist, denn Du hast nicht wirklich Zugriff auf ein Dateisystem etc.

Ausserdem sind bisher keine Viren (ausser einem Demo, das keinen Schaden angerichtet hat) für Windows CE/Windows Mobile bekannt.

Einen Virenscanner wird nicht viel Sinn machen, denn was willst Du auf der T14 durchsuchen? Selbst wenn auf der SD-Card ein Virus drauf ist, musst Du die T14 in einen "Boot"-fähigen Zustand bringen, damit das Programm ausgeführt wird (Umlegen des Schalters beim Updaten).
          Und selbst das Update-Programm wird durch Hashes geschützt, wenn die nicht stimmen bzw. manipuliert wären, würde das Prg nicht starten!

Wenn man also ein bissi Vorsicht walten lässt, sollte nix passieren können!

LG;
          G.

Kommentar

Well I use the english language , so I use the same antivirus software, and also Panda Titanium and I have no warning... . So I think it could be that you have a Virus on your BIG PC and that virus also came on your CF-Card.
            But dont worry!
            No Hacker would write a virus only for a Radio Transmitter.
            How I will know it well I´m in a 2 years long Information and Telecomunication school. And there you know some DARK sides

So dont worry!
            GO OUT AND FLY!!! IT´S GOOD WEATHER

Kommentar

Hauptsache, es ist keine "Shareware" drauf

Gab doch mal den Junk: Bild von hinten ins Cockpit eines Verkehrsflugzeuges, Msg auf Display: Die Anwendung "Fahrs Fahrwerk aus" ist Shareware. Wenn Sie die Anwendung weiter benutzen wollen, zahlen Sie bitte yx € auf folgendes Konto; ein Key wird Ihnen per Mail zugesandt.

Olli

Kommentar

Ok, thanks for your posts. I don't think I'm infected by a virus, that's not the reason why I started this thread. I was just wondering what the effect of a virus could be in the transmitter. I like my T14 very much, but a normal version of windows can ben infected by a virus, that's why I was a little bit concerned about my 2000 euro's TX

Greetings.

Kommentar

Zitat von acer99
                  Hauptsache, es ist keine "Shareware" drauf

Gab doch mal den Junk: Bild von hinten ins Cockpit eines Verkehrsflugzeuges, Msg auf Display: Die Anwendung "Fahrs Fahrwerk aus" ist Shareware. Wenn Sie die Anwendung weiter benutzen wollen, zahlen Sie bitte yx € auf folgendes Konto; ein Key wird Ihnen per Mail zugesandt.

Olli
                  meinst Du das !!!

RUDI
                  Nicht klicken "FSK18"
                  Einmal FUTABA immer FUTABA !!
                  E-Mail: rudi1025[at]futaba-forum.net

Kommentar

Exakt, aus der Ct, richtig?

Olli

Kommentar

Lädt...
                    X